Tuesday 4 June 2013

Update - back on track

Due to some personal issues I've had to take a break from the course for a number of weeks and as a result my blog has been a little neglected.  However, I am back on track now and have started work on the final assignment for People and Place.

As it stands I have a couple of choices on themes for this assignment.  I could look at one of the buildings I photographed for assignment 3 which would be interesting to revisit.  I had thought about the Tate or The British Museum or maybe even the underground.  However, I feel at the moment any of these could turn out to be a bigger project than I anticipated.

I could also explore some of the themes I looked at in Hackney like art or crime or my family.  In my last assignment I particularly enjoyed exploring my family and thinking about how different my life would be if my parents hadn't returned to Ireland and I had grown up in east London instead.  What kind of person would I be today?  At the moment I think I am being drawn to looking more at my family and my father in particular.

I would like to explore him and his place in my life a lot more and find the idea of using photography to do this interesting.  As he died when I was young I know very little about him only what I have been told.  I have often said to people that only for photographs I wouldn't even remember what he looks like.  So photography has sustained and instilled a series of memories of my father in me.  I think this is a very uniques relationship to explore using photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment