Monday 28 January 2013

Studio Lighting course

A couple of weeks ago I started a short studio lighting course at City Lit in London.  I wanted to explore the ways in which photographic lighting can used in portraiture and get some hands on experience of using the various lights.  

The course will cover: 
- Advantages and disadvantages of lighting
- Exposure
- Backgrounds
- Tungsten lighting
- Flash lighting
- Light shapers, contrast control and reflectors
- Portraits
- Still life objects

By the end of the course I should be able to:

- Use a hand held light meter
- Create a portrait lit by tungsten and flash lighting
- Photograph a still life object lit by tungsten and flash lighting
- Control the level of contrast desired by the use of reflectors and light shapers
- Begin to use some of the creative possibilities that control of light allows

I will post my learning outcomes on my blog and hopefully some good portraits. 


No comments:

Post a Comment