Sunday 13 January 2013

Exercise 17: The user's viewpoint

For this exercise I had to chose 2-5 buildings or spaces designed for a particular activity that is taken from a specific, distinctive position.

For each of these places I had to take photographs that attempt to capture the user's point of view, whilst considering height, orientation and lens focal length.

So, for example, if a room or space is to be used from a sitting position I should shoot from a sitting position.

The first building I looked at was Waltham Abbey in Essex.  I wanted to capture the building from the user's viewpoint which I believe was mainly from a sitting position. I have included images from a standing and kneeling position too.

Taken with a wide angle lens kneeling down.  

Standing position looking down the aisle.  This viewpoint is a little less intimate for the viewer - there is a slight distance. 

Taken from a sitting position looking down the aisle.  

I think of the three images there one from a standing position is the less effective.  




The next building/space I looked at was in the inside of a train.  This is taken from a seated position.  I feel that this gives the viewer a better sense of presence in the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment